Saturday, September 4, 2010

When I feel like a NAG!!!

I'm piggy-backing on the last post about common courtesy. Talking about Follow-Up and how I feel like a Nag, but still do it.

When raising my children, now 21 & 25, I was constantly reminding them to do something or another. Nagging is the way they would definitely describe it. And, unfortunately, nagging is sometimes what I feel like I do in Real Estate as well.

Follow-Up is vital when working with clients. We follow-up with sellers to make sure they are prepping their home for sale, thinking about the disclosures, signing their escrow instructions, doing the agreed upon repairs. We follow-up with buyers to make certain they are doing their loan application, looking at the listing information we sent them, signing their escrow instructions, contacting insurance companies.

All sorts of things, and only very few mentioned above, we have to follow-up on to assure things are being taken care of.

Now I am self admittedly a little OCD (and proud of it LOL), but I do a lot of follow-up. I am one of those that needs to know, needs to make certain that the T's are crossed and the I's are dotted....and.....crossed and dotted correctly. Sheesh, is that really so hard?

So, when (and here's the piggy-back part) I'm trying to ensure that all is happening the way it's supposed to be? And I'm not getting a response....The Nag kicks in. When a client says they'll do it tomorrow, The Nag kicks in again. When an agent doesn't forward me a document? Nag again.

It's part of my Real Estate world. It's what makes me certain to have a complete file. Certain that my client is protected properly and taken care of efficiently. But, I am sure that clients and other agents think I'm a bit of a nag.

Follow-up, Nagging, call it what you like. If that's what it takes to cross my T's and dot my I's? I'm still going to do it!!!

No comments: