Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Current Short-Sale Story

I think it's going to be okay.....I hope. My client really wants this home.

Right now I'm working with about 1/2 dozen buyers, one seller fixing up their home in prep of showing, but mostly buyers.

Obviously, a lot of the properties we are looking at are Short Sales. Yuck! But, I have to show properties, don't I? Something will stick and we will get a buyer into a house to make it their home.

I've got this one buyer that we've been working together for a few months. Atypical time period. We've written offers on probably a dozen or more houses. I can't recall a single Traditional listing in the bunch. We look in San Fernando Valley and Santa Clarita Valley. What he wants isn't so hard to find. His financing makes it a little challenging to get accepted though.

We did get him under contract on a Short-Sale (SS) in northern SFV about a month ago. Great property, okay house. Really, the location and property is what sold him on the house. It's just perfect for him. Really fits who he is. Remember the 'Whisper House'? This is it.

Yesterday I get an e-mail from the listing agent that he needs more financial information from my client about his loan or, and it felt a little threatening, he would have to consider one of the six other offers he had sitting in back-up.

We've been in this for just about 30 days now, but it's been moving along at lightening speed and we've been thrilled.....until yesterday mornings' e-mail.

Needless to say, me, and my buyers lender, got our feathers in a ruffle (or whatever that phrase is) !

Remember, everything with a SS is contingent upon the SS lender(s) accepting the terms of the offer.

So, delicately, but firmly, we go through at least a dozen e-mails back and forth, with the lender CC'd in. Talking with my client to let him know we have a little hiccup and he has to consider sending private info to the listing agent.....we're not liking that, but he's (close the little one's eyes here) truly orgasmic about this property....so he's ready to do that if need be.

The agent promises that he really wants my buyer to get this property, said he didn't expect it to move this quickly, but felt that he needed to protect his client by making certain this loan would close.

Completely understandable. Wish it was done at the beginning, but we all understood. So, near the end of yesterday we send everything to him with personal info blackened out, and his associate is reviewing it this morning to provide the confidence he needs in this final SS hour.

Hoping that it all works out, we have scheduled another visit to the house this afternoon. I am on edge of course though!

Life and times of a working Realtor in the fall of 2010....

No comments: