Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm Looking For New Listings

The last few weeks, my prospecting has been more aggressive than usual. I don't like to be the type of Realtor that just calls about Real Estate. I like to talk with people about all kinds of things when I get them on the phone. I'm not just a Realtor you know.

But, with the low inventory, and most of them being Short-Sales, I've been using a valid statement that most people would think is bogus.....and frequently is.

"I've got about a half dozen buyers I'm working with right now. If you know of anyone, with or without equity, that is even slightly thinking about selling? Pass them my info, maybe we can get a buyer and seller together quickly."

It's the truth. I've never used a B.S. line in my career. I've knocked on doors in particular tracks looking for a seller to match with a buyer. I've told buyers I have upcoming listings they may be interested in, and I do this to match with a seller.

It is what I do. But, particularly now, I've been vamping it up. Have to. Have to get my people into homes or I get frustrated for them. They get depressed. And, then my counseling has to kick it up a notch.

So, if I call you, or knock on your door? And, tell you I've got a buyer or a seller? It's true, let me know if you hear anything.  It doesn't always pan out. The seller doesn't always have what the buyer wants, the buyer doesn't always like what the seller has. But, the more momentum that I put out there, the more likelihood of something coming together for my clients.

And, I do what I do.....for my clients.....no B.S. here.

No comments: