Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Will The Vaccine Help Our Housing Inventory?

I'd like to hope that it would! I think the more would-be home sellers feel it's safe to allow people into their home, the more likelihood of more sellers coming on the market.

Although, the bigger thing I hear is still 'where am I going to go?' It's such a double-edged sword situation right now.

The last few years the beginning of January has been low inventory. Not low like today's. But, still lower than the 'let's buy a home next year' buyers were hoping for when they made that announcement at the end of the previous year for sure.

But, they always come along...the new listings. They come. So, I have to expect in the next 30-60 days we'll see quite a few more sellers put up For Sale signs.

Right now we currently have only 174 active listings. Meaning single family homes, condos, townhouses in all of Santa Clarita are available for sale. Well, as of about 9 am this morning that is!


(Yes, I promise, I'm talking about SCV!)

In escrow, meaning buyer/seller have come to an agreement, we have 464. Sold in the last 30 days, back to our standard of 334. We do have a couple dozen in the Coming Soon category.

I'm heading out this afternoon to check in on an upcoming seller. Next week, doing it again. Had another prospective seller reach out to me as well. See? They'll be coming, promise.

Wanna talk Real Estate with me? 
Just give me a shout ~ Lauren@KeepYourWitz.com / (661) 313-5470


No comments: