Tuesday, January 12, 2021

COVID-19 Home Selling Reminder ~ January 2021

Yep, we're into the new year, we're almost at a full year of a Pandemic...so I thought it would be a good time to remind prospective Sellers what to expect if you're considering selling your home this year.

Well, I can tell you what it will be like selling it with me that is.

The typical pre-marketing considerations, the lists of what you need to do, the staging, the photography, the cleaning crew, etc. And, all of that with gloves, masks, sanitizer and declarations that all who enter your home are COVID free ......that they are aware of.

Honestly, that's the real caveat.....'that they are aware of'. And/Or, that they are truthfully telling you.

What I tell all my Sellers is you have to be aware that people are not all going to follow the rules set forth by the CDC. Just like the people that don't signal before a lane change. Or the ones that think it's okay to glance at their phone when the text message received dings at them while driving down the road.

So, what do you as Sellers have to do? BE DILIGENT in your cleaning, more diligent than you have ever been before. Be diligent in your own use of PPE, wear your masks, don't touch anything after a showing....until you're sure that it's cleaned again. 

I provide all gloves, hand sanitizer, signs, reminder signs not to touch anything, booties if needed. No one needs a mask, fortunately they all seem to wear those! 

I schedule with agents to have time in between, as you allow. I remind you to leave doors open, cabinets open, so buyers/agents don't have to use hands to open....they can use their elbows!

BUT, embarrassingly so.....as noted above....not all agents nor their buyers, follow the rules. And, if you have a Ring doorbell, or a camera system....you'll see the same. It's rather appalling. But, we are dealing with Human Beings after all. I wanna bet, prospective home Seller, you haven't followed every rule in your lifetime as well. Am I right?


So, it's an incredible Sellers market, and you want to get in on that? Reach out to me, we'll discuss in detail how I can help you to stay as safe as possible.

We know the risks, I'll regularly remind you, I'll do my best to protect you & your family.....but, again the reminder....we are all just human beings...with all our glorious flaws.

You have to decide if you want to deal with those flaws to sell your home during a pandemic. I am proud to say, not a single COVID case has erupted with any of my buyers/sellers since the onset.

Very proud to say so.

Lauren@KeepYourWitz.com or (661) 313-5470. #BeSafe


No comments: