Tuesday, January 19, 2021

I Am Kinda Tall & It's Truly About Relationships

About a dozen years ago I was doing an open house for a listing I had in the Saugus area. As guests arrived, I did what all Realtors do, I asked them to sign in.

Some did, some did not. One particularly adorably petite woman, I mean cute as can be adorable, did. And, while she was at this house we just started chatting. Felt like 2 girlfriends having a gab-fest.

While the house I was hosting open was not the one for her, we developed a relationship and went house hunting together.

We were on the front porch of one that we were scheduled to view and we both noticed that the door jamb was pretty broken up, as in police rammed through broken up. When the occupant opened the front door, my adorably petite client stepped 3 feet back and behind the safety of my formidable stature. Well, I'm only 5' 7", but compared to her at about 5'1", I was a giant. The guy was covered in tattoos, but very polite. Long story short on that one, it wasn't the house for her either.

We found an incredible home with a pool and a beautiful view which she and her family lived for many years. I helped them buy that one, helped them buy a condo for their daughter. Helped them sell the view house, helped their daughter buy a big home.

Fast forward, 12 years later, and yesterday the daughters condo popped into escrow. Yes, with multiple offers, yes over list price. Most things are moving in that fashion right now.


I'm still 5'7", still willing to protect my clients physically,

 & in their Real Estate transactions.

Still building relationships.

 

No comments: