Friday, June 26, 2015

It Pays To Communicate With My Affiliates!

Was looking at homes for a client recently and one of the homes we viewed had some sort of separation at a ceiling corner. Looked like sloppy workmanship. Seller says it was like that when they bought it just a few years ago as a short-sale.

My client didn't really like the floor plan so we moved on not thinking back. The next day or two, 3 in that same track came on the market in under 24 hours. I thought it was odd. But, again, client didn't love the floor plan, so I mentioned it to her, but moved on.

We are writing an offer today on a home she loves. One that is in a different neighborhood, but still nearby.

Talking with one of my affiliates, there was mention of some possible slippage and/or grading issues in a track around the same area. Now, there is an older neighborhood, we call 'Slippery City' across the main boulevard, but this was about a newer track. She said a co-worker had walked away from his house when 'overnight, the wall fell down'. Mentioned a couple of street names and it turns out it was the neighborhood where I saw the ceiling corner separation.

I sent an e-mail out to my company associates to see if anyone had heard of anything in the track with the ceiling problem, and/or, the track my client wanted to write an offer in. A few shocked responses but no one seemed to know of any issues.


Thank goodness for Google! 
So Google, here I went. Very, very quickly I did find a lawsuit in the track where we saw the ceiling issue. Something to do with substandard grading. The track my client loves the house in? Not involved, nothing I found of any discouragement. Phew! She was pretty happy too! 

I am constantly communicating with my affiliates. Constantly. Whether it is in person, on the phone, an e-mail blast, social media pages. We all work together to help our clients. 

Just a story of the week. Things to keep in mind.

No comments: