Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Ways To Go Yet

I met with new buyers yesterday evening. Newlyweds....well, a couple of years under their marriage belt. They are looking for their first home, and they are self-proclaimed Newbies! I love Newbies! I swear they called themselves that before I even had the chance.

Newbies seem to gravitate towards me because I am an explosive fountain of information and overly happy to share what I know. As we're driving around, looking at homes, chatting all they way about things they need to understand. Because they know nothing. I am lucky because I do normally get clients with more than average intelligence so they learn quickly!!

Not the topic of the post, just a little backround.

We sat in my office for a little over a half an hour before we headed out. And lots of questions about the process. How I take care of my people. What do we do first?

Some consideration if he wants to make a job change in the near future. With the same company, that should be aok. Double check with my favorite mortgage broker first though.

And, although the question did not come out of their mouths', I did speak from my heart and told them the truth that we may still see some decline in value before we are going to see any appreciation. And, that the appreciation would most likely be a 10 year growth.

In my opinion only, of course......

Their eyebrows did a little peak and "Really?" was their reply.
"Are you sure?"

Never 100% sure, but I told them what I felt we were looking at over the next year or so, and the next decade. And, that they needed to be certain that this is where they want to live regardless of job changes. Buying now and having to relocate in the very near future was a really poor situation to possibly be in.

For these Newbies, starting the home search now was appropriate. It was in their best interest.

But, we definitely have a ways to go yet before we are done with the current market......quite possibly a long ways......in my opinion.....and the news as well.

No comments: