Saturday, October 9, 2010

Interesting SCV Market Stats Today

Today is a typical Realtor day. It changes moment to moment. I confirmed showings for tomorrow afternoon earlier this morning. Then corresponded, and talked, with current clients and associate agents as well. Then re-scheduled this afternoons listing appointment due to a client illness.

So I elected to post a blog this afternoon about the current stats in 'Awesome Town' (that's the publicists name for us) Santa Clarita. Aren't we cute? See the link, we really are called this:


And, our towns' stats were rather interesting, to say the least....to me.

Encompassing Santa Clarita is Acton to the East, Westridge and Stevenson Ranch to the West. Newhall to the South and Castaic to the North. All lovely little neighborhoods in between included.

A nice number of active listings. 1158. A wonderful number. Great amount of properties closed escrow (I'm using the full month of September for this posting). 256. Currently we have 421 in escrow taking back-up offers and another 406 in escrow not taking back-up offers. 93 properties are on Hold. Can't even get into those.

But, what I find worthy of noting, is the number of cancelled, withdrawn and expired (CWE) properties in our MLS. In the month of September it totalled 163. Only 35% more properties closed escrow than were removed from the market by other means. Very different from September of 2008 & 2009! Each of those years were about 1/2 %, yes 1/2 of 1 percent of homes that were off market due to reasons other than transferring ownership.

Want to draw your own conclusions? Or shall I guide you? You're reading this so you're interested in my opinion.....I can only presume. ;o). And, it will change tomorrow or next week based upon outside pressures.

Let's face it, the majority of those properties were not successful SHORT-SALES (SS). And, they've gone back to the bank or are at least on their way back to the bank. The stats show about 1/2 of those CWE's were SS....I would have to beg to differ. I've been wading through our MLS long enough to know probably about another 30% just aren't noted as SS's in the correct box in the MLS. They may be noted in the public remarks, the private remarks, the direction remarks. However, a lot just don't get entered in the right place. 
View Image
It completely annoys me!

Sooooo, I may never do a stat report again......well, definitely not until we are done with 'Special Circumstances' like SS......so I'm thinking.....maybe in a couple more years!?!?

No comments: