Friday, August 28, 2020

"What's Your Marketing Plan?" - AKA, Real Estate Story of the Week

One of my lender pals and a past client referred a prospective Seller to me this week. The seller was a retired Realtor that lives in another state. Hasn't sold homes in over a decade. But, has certainly been watching the market.

Seller definitely knew that the market has been at top, on-fire levels, for the last month compared to the beginning of the year. ON FIRE!

So, I toured the home. Still needed to clean out a lot of stuff....a lot....I mean, like really, more than a little. And, Seller was admittedly tired already so I wasn't sure how fast it could be done. With the market changing so dramatically in the last few months, that could mean a significant difference in equity if it was ready later than sooner. 

On to more of the story. We chatted for a bit in the living room. Talked about where I thought it should be priced. Talked about what I felt they needed to do. Talked about the fact that I'm a no BS agent and will always tell the truth. Talked about fees. 

I said 'since your're a realtor, what do you want to ask me?'.  Seller, very calmly asked "What's Your Marketing Plan". Thankfully I didn't have any liquid in my mouth or I would have likely spit it out laughing. 


Right now, just about zero marketing plan could sell a home! But, I proceeded to inform the Seller about what I do for all of my listings, whether we are in this incredible Sellers market or not. My final statement was...and, it always is...."Price, Presentation, and Spread the Net as Far & Wide as Humanly Possible"

I followed up with the prospective Seller 36 hours later. Said that 3 agents were interviewed and I ended up in the # 2 spot. I asked if there was a particular reason. Seller felt that he blended with the other agents personality a bit better, that was the only reason. I said, good choice, as you're 'in bed' with your Realtor for a couple months so you best feel very comfortable with them. 

At any rate, the true moral of this story? Definitely wise to find an agent that you feel comfortable with is true. BUT, the best agent for the job may not always be the one that makes you feel warm & fuzzy. She may just be a solid truth teller and a tad OCD....like someone I know! LOLOLOL


No comments: