Tuesday, August 11, 2020

It's Hot Out, Right? Houzz Reminders of Ways to Keep Cool.

I bet we all know most of these that Houzz suggestions, but they are good reminders. And, there was one or two I hadn't really thought of that work magic with water!

I still want to get some shade situation up in our rear yard....but, alas, I STILL haven't done it. I love the sail shades. Have talked with my favorite window treatment gal about awnings too. Keeping the sun off the house, away from the entrance of the windows is one of the best ways. Well, that and a HUGE tree that has leaves in the Summer & none in the Winter. I do have a couple trees that are not evergreen. They are growing, but not quite large enough to do that magic just yet. And, patience isn't one of my virtues....LOL

I liked this idea. A shallow overhang to help protect the windows from the sun getting in. I think this particular idea goes really, really well with this home. Clean lines, wood trim. I dig it quite a bit. But, my house doesn't look like this one, does yours?

Take a look at the full article from Houzz here:

Houzz - Ways To Cool Off Without the A/C

That tree they show is pretty spectacular. We do have solar shades inside our home, they are super awesome as they keep the UV rays from coming in and I can still see the pretties outside. Adding anything that keeps the sun out is the best. My bedroom has plantation shutters. I slam those babies tightly shut in the morning and don't open them back up again til dark....coolest room in the house! I didn't think about the misters, let alone remember to put fans in front of the windows to suck the cool air in faster. Nor, have I ever, thought of the damp curtains trick.

And, lastly? I'm too old to sleep outside...how about you? I need my comfy bed!


No comments: