Friday, August 21, 2020

Price Changes in the MLS....Which Way Do They Go?

I do a lot of networking. Trying to find properties. Talking to everyone I know to help my clients. Right now, it's a huge focus on finding more Sellers. But, I'm sure you know that.

And, it appears to be this way nationwide. Yes, I network with agents in other states as well.

I look at our MLS several times a day. Starting at about 7:00 am, finish about 8 pm. And, many times in between depending on what's happening in my clients worlds.

This morning when I looked again at the category called Price Change, this is what I saw:


All of my search criteria is set for last 24 hours. So at any given moment, I'm seeing pretty accurate data. 16 price changes, 11 up, 1 no significant change, 4 down.

So, I decided to blog about it today. Yesterday I did a live video on FB & Insta telling buyers to not look at their top pre-approval $$ price. Start a little lower so that you can bid up, because of these kinds of things that I'm seeing.

I saw one that got bid up 55k over list price, but for the most part, they were about 2-3% higher than original list. Not horrible. And, lo & behold, there were some price reductions. 

If you overprice to begin with...and, your property isn't close to perfection...you still, even in this Sellers market, may have to do a price reduction to get your home sold.

Talk to a trusted professional that has been selling in your neighborhood for a looooooong time. TRUST them when they share the neighborhood sales data. TRUST them when they make a suggested list price.

Yep, we've been doing this a lot longer than you.....well, I sure have! Off to go show a new listing now!



No comments: