Friday, March 13, 2020

Wanna Be Quarantined In This Home?

Funny, but not funny. Well, I'm going with funny today. Keeps my anxiety level down a wee bit.



Was out with very motivated buyers yesterday. We saw two homes. We wrote an offer on one. Before  they chose to do so I asked them many questions, reviewed all the sales data, the taxes, the market. I normally would ask buyers if this is a home they can see themselves living in....then this morning I saw the above pic on Instagram. Sheesh, so right on. But, still sheesh.

We met at the first house, did an elbow bump. Drove in separate cars to second house, and elbow bumped the Seller who graciously met us at the door.

I used my hand sanitizer in between homes. We stood several feet apart. None of us seemed to have any signs of any illness. But, ya never know.

They decided they wanted to write an offer on the first home.

"Would you like to do everything electronically or come to my home office?" Those were the best options for staying away from public places. My main office has a couple dozen people there at any given time. My home office? Just me and my hand sanitizer and my big desk to sit across from my clients.

At least twice we all wiped our hands with the glorious goo. And, they definitely decided they could see themselves living, or be quarantined, in this beaut of a home.

God only knows what's going to happen in housing. Rates were at 3.25 last Friday, today at 3.75. One of my lenders was anticipating rates in the 2's last week.

Will housing be affected? I can't type the F word here, but EVERYTHING is being affected. For how long and to what extent, I have zero idea.

In the industry for almost 20 years, this is my first experience with something like this so I truly have no idea & I don't think it's wise for me to speculate.

For now, I can tell you, I'm not driving with clients in my car. Not hugging my peeps at all. Using hand sanitizer and washing every digit a lot more than normal. And, will be suggesting that all documents are signed electronically to keep that 'social distance' as we are definitely being urged to do.

Stay well my friends, stay distant, clean, and well.


No comments: