Tuesday, March 10, 2020

No Buyer Wearing A Mask.....Yet...

The National Association of Realtors sent a notice out to the members about the CoronaVirus this weekend. Honestly, that was a little troubling to me, just a little. It was about everything we have been hearing though. Don't go out if you're sick, quarantine yourself to a different room in the house, wash your hands. Plus, the counseling to our clients about viewing homes, buyers in your homes, open houses, and precautions to take.

Yes, people die from the regular flu. Yes, we should all be washing our hands no matter what. Yes, we've heard it mostly affects people with a pre-existing condition....like my 87 year old mother with COPD.

With that said, I haven't had a buyer or seller wear a mask near me....well, not yet.


I can tell you that both my husband and I interact with the general public on a daily basis. Which means we are taking extra precautions. Do we stop helping people with the housing and aquarium needs? No, we don't. If one of us gets sick, we have back-up to help our people. We will not bring our germs to our peeps, well, certainly not if we are aware we are carrying any germs.

Am I suggesting open houses be put off? That's a personal choice. One of my upcoming listings is vacant, I'll be hosting open for sure.....with a giant bottle of hand sanitizer and I won't be shaking anyone's hand that comes in....which will be very hard for me. I like personal interaction which is probably why I love what I do.

Thinking about what this virus will do to the housing market? There's a lot of information out there and you'll have to decide for yourself. For this moment, there are multiple offers on almost every home & interest rates are remarkable....absolutely remarkable.

If I was a Seller, and didn't need to purchase right away, I'd list right now. If I was a buyer that wanted to take advantage of these phenomenal interest rates, I'd be out house hunting right now.

If you're going to the grocery store, you're at risk. Church, risk. Visiting a group of friends, risk.

And, if you walk across the street.....you're at risk.

I don't have the answer for you. I only know what's happening in housing today. Long term investment is always the best in Real Estate, coronavirus or otherwise. IMHO.

No comments: