Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Real Estate Happenings - March 17, 2020

I'm just blogging about a few things and to remind you that if you have questions about what the heck is happening in Real Estate, just ask me. Happy to chat. Give you the behind the scenes tid-bits.



Opened a new escrow yesterday. Yup, yesterday. Rate locked & appraisal ordered already! Doing inspections with our home inspector and termite inspector tomorrow. Yes, I'm bringing hand sanitizer. No, I'm not hugging my peeps tomorrow. And, if Charlie brings cookies, I'll probably decline them.

Closed another escrow on Friday. All good, everything went very well. Client got a smoking deal!

Looking for loan docs for a buyer on one of my listings. Not sure how the loan doc signing will happen with the COVID19, but it will, this I know.

County Recorders office is closed, don't panic, things get done electronically all the time. Just no special recordings. But, we hardly ever do those anyways.

Will people be pulling out of the market? I can tell you one of my Buyers wanted to slow up the home search to see how this all seems a couple weeks from now. Another wanted to view a property for a 2nd time, but the occupants said no more showings as they have little children. So, that got pulled off the market & we're waiting for more to come on. One of my other peeps that missed out on a property in a multiple offer situation is keeping a watch dog look on it to see if it comes back on the market....as am I. Another buyer I'm scheduled to view a home and the listing agent says there is an elderly man in a wheelchair that will be in a bedroom with the door closed. Will I open that door to view? Abso-freaking-lutely not.....extreme social distancing from those elderly folks!

Several buyers still looking for the right property. A few sellers working on getting their homes ready for market.  Yes, life in Real Estate continues. 

Am I seeing more cancelled escrows than normal? Actually, yes, why yes I am. Last night I saw 11 Back On Markets in a 24 hour period. That is quite a bit for all of Santa Clarita. Normally we see 3-4 in that same period.

Seeing price reductions? A few when they come back on market and sit for a couple days....those Sellers want to be done already! 

Interest rates? All over the place. But, Lo & Behold, still below 4%. 

Are people at high stress levels? Heck yeah they are. 
Is that to be expected in this time? Yes indeedy.  

What can we do? 

We can be careful. Exactly what the CDC is saying to do, that's what we are doing. Don't go out if you're sick, if someone near you appears sick...back the hell up. If you have a damn tickle in your throat, cough in your elbow. Wash your hands, use hand sanitizer. Stay away from people that have compromised health for freaking sure. 

I cancelled all social things. Mahjong, lunch with pals, visits with mums, dinner with friends. Cancelled. But, just like the restaurants are doing delivery service. The teachers are teaching online. The trash men are still doing their things? 

If people want to buy/sell a house.....whether it's via Facetime or driving in separate cars or Docusign galore....I'm going to help them. At a safe distance & as long as none of us are sick.

Be well friends, be well. Be smart too. And, if you wanna chat, have questions, I'll do my best to answer them for you. (661) 313-5470. Remember I won't pick up if I don't know you, so leave a message! Stay healthy!

No comments: