Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Thank Goodness I Had Swallowed My Coffee.....And Millennials.....

An article titled: "Millennials Are Looking Forward To Buying A Home But Are Overwhelmed By The Process" literally had me laughing out loud this morning!
Mostly because the way we parents joke about our millennial kids. And, you know I say this all the time....We Raised Them. My eldest is actually pretty good for a Millennial (the article classified them as aged 23-38), he works, he plays, he does plan for his students.

But, we say they have had helicopter parents so they would be overwhelmed by the process of buying a home.

However, I was impressed with our kids because, based upon the survey, the reasons they are overwhelmed are all very valid reasons. Extremely valid indeed.

Reasons noted? Job Stability. Relationship Stability. State of Economy. 2020 Election. Student Debt. Home Prices. And, because many remember the crash of 2006.....and how it affected their families.....they have that consideration in their minds as well. See? Valid reasons for sure.

But, I was also impressed by the last line.....37% say they regularly ask their parents for advice about home  buying. That's probably why I work with so many First Time Buyers......they think of me as their parent.....I suppose.

So, you Millennials, you technology raised humans....if you're scouring the internet for homes....thinking about getting into the home buying process....find a Realtor & a Lender that you can trust, we'll help you stay as underwhelmed as possible!


Lauren Witz Greber ~ Witz Real Estate ~ Text Me @ (661) 313-5470



No comments: