Friday, January 24, 2020

Never, Ever, Give Up!

I was referred to a couple a few weeks ago by someone I've known for a dozen-ish years. They wanted to work with a local agent that would be honest with them.

Yup, me, that's totally me. Not interested in making one sale. Interested in helping people forever. To do that, you must be extremely honest, compassionate, trustworthy, hard working, a good negotiator, respected, and the list goes on.....right?

Back to today's thoughts for this blog post......Never Give Up. Keep going for what you want. Well, as long as it's attainable, buckle up for the ride to get that ultimate cheese!


And, when I work with Buyers, and Sellers too of course, I have to determine if their wishes are reachable. Are their Real Estate goals realistic?

If not, I have to tell them so. If they are....but we just haven't made it come true yet....I have to remind them about patience. Not jumping on a home because they are afraid they won't find a home at all.

Back to this newer couple. Super nice, intelligent, investigative, sponge for information I provide. And, they wanted to find a home fairly soon. But, we haven't.

The first day out we found a few that 'they didn't hate'. But, you know me....gotta remind them about the ole resale factor. I swear I talk myself out of selling a home later that they loved today and realize they don't tomorrow because I point everything out that may be a deficit to living there.

Blah, blah, blah, you'd think. But, they listen. And, I listen to them. Recently the husband was a tad bummed out on the days search. He dropped his head and said something like "I'm gonna drink myself out of this funk after the homes we saw today". I said "Nooooooo, there's more coming on the market every day. You're NOT in a rush. We WILL find the perfect home for you!"

And, I truly believe that. The only time I can remember not finding someone a home? The husband got a job transfer to northern California!!! See? There was a universe reason why we couldn't find their perfect home!

Questions about Real Estate in Southern California? 
Just holler: Lauren@KeepYourWitz.com or (661) 313-5470. 
I'm happy to help in any way I can.

No comments: