Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Well Now, Maybe That's Why They Stopped Pestering Me!

So, in case you haven't heard, Zillow is settling a labor dispute, a class action one. To the tune of 6M smackers. For not giving their employees the right breaks/lunches, stuff like that.

For almost 15 years I've been licensed to help people buy and sell Real Estate. I help people I know, they refer their friends to me, co-workers, you name it.....I very, very, very rarely work with strangers. Honestly don't have to. As a woman Realtor, I think it's wise not to.

So Zillow, for years, their employees would call me about their premier program. Paying for a zip code, a special spot, whatever.....to get client leads.


For years I said to take me off that list, I am not comfortable working with strangers, paying for client referrals. I work hard, have a great business, don't want to take the risk.

When I read the articles that kept landing in my e-mail about Zillow's settlement, I thought, well, heck, those people that kept calling obviously worked on some type of bonus system and were likely encouraged to work through lunch and not take breaks to make more money.

That is costing them in the long run. Needless to say........ they FINALLY took me off their call list!

No comments: