Friday, March 18, 2016

Baby Boomers Need To Still Keep Good FICO's

Funny, I have such an excellent FICO I only think it will always be that way. If, of course, I keep doing what I've been doing and don't have any catastrophes in my life.

With that said, read an article that a survey indicated Baby Boomers, me included, didn't think they needed to worry about their FICO scores as they get older. Hmmmmm, that seemed odd so I read further.

As some get older, apparently they really don't use credit cards, don't buy anything, don't think it matters since they aren't going to do a big purchase.

However, as the article clearly states. Unexpected medical expenses can happen. You may decide to co-sign on a car or home for a child or grandchild. It was a good eye-opener for me.

Best thing to do all of us Baby Boomers? (51-70) Keep using your credit cards, pay them off monthly, but keep using them. That's one of the best ways to keep your FICO scores active an up.


Be responsible, but keep charging with them!

No comments: