Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Winter Cleaning VS. Spring Cleaning?

Yep, you know I've done some 'Spring' cleaning/organizing this last couple weeks. And, yes, since I googled things on my phone, Facebook is now showing me things on my desktop. I still don't like that it happens, but it brought me these cool other ideas to share with you.

We've all seen the shower curtain rod in the back of the shower for hanging kids toys, right? Well this one is a curtain rod for things over your kitchen sink. I can't do this as I have a window over mine, but I suppose it would work great over a toilet too....thinking outside the box.


This one is using the flooring on a wall. I've seen full accent walls using this technique, BUT, this one was depicting it as a kitchen back-splash! Laminate, must be fire retardant I suppose, but how super easy to clean...as long as the 'grout' lines are super-duper tight so you don't get yucky stuff in them. I'm liking this idea a lot. And, I think I could do this!


If you don't have a laundry room that your washer & dryer fill the entire space side-to-side, this is a great idea to keep it looking tidier and you get extra shelf space. That's one super easy, & cheap, DIY for the laundry room!


Well, more dust collectors here, but I like the look of this display shelf over a doorway. And, if the items you are displaying give more free space to your kitchen cupboards....I'm all over that. As long as I don't have to keep those things clean! I'm trying to decide what Items I'd put up there....


This idea I saw in multiple places. I'd google the longevity of it before I did it. But, it is a great way to change up your kitchen or bathroom tile. Yep, that's painted grout. I'm not sure I could handle being on the ground for long enough to paint all the lines though. We sealed our grout years ago using a similar technique....back-breaking. And, that was before I had a bad back! Don't recall it working very well at sealing the grout from getting dirty either.


AnyWhoHow, thought these ideas were cool enough to share. Yep, I'm still getting a boatload of suggestions in my Facebook feed....trying NOT to click on anything hoping it will die down.

Which one(s) are you thinking of trying now??




No comments: