Friday, December 18, 2020

Santa Clarita Home Sales Activity - One Week Before Christmas 2020

Well, needless to say our inventory is shrinking. It's, quite honestly, HALF of what we had this time last year.

Who would have thought a pandemic would create such a housing frenzy.

If you've been reading my blogs, watching my YouTubes, following me on SM, then you know I consider SCV to include Acton to the East, Castaic to the North, Stevenson Ranch to the West, and Newhall to the South plus all the little communities in between.

As of 1 pm today we have 245, yup, you saw that right, 2....4....5 homes available for sale. That includes Single Family Residences, Condos, Townhouses.

Here's a Visual For Ya!

Currently in escrow......550. Yup, over double of the active amount. And, yup, including the same areas and the same types of homes.

Sold in the last 30 days you ask? Great question...lol....467. What has been our typical for years? I'll wait to see if anyone answers...

We do have a few in the Coming Soon newer category, 19.

Nothing made any sense this year. But, in the almost 2 decades of selling homes I've never weathered a pandemic either.

I was able to help a lot of sellers & buyers, and I'll always do my utmost to accomplish my clients Real Estate goals.

Stay tuned for when we close that deer filled 12 acres! I will have one HUGE feather in my cap for getting that baby sold!

If you're thinking about selling in 2021, it would appear we will have much of the same as 2020. Masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, limited amounts of people viewing....and, still low interest rates. Yes, you heard that right.

Will home values continue to go up? Yes, if we continue to have minuscule inventory, they absolutely will.

So, rates are low, prices are high....if you're in for the long haul, it's an AOK time to buy. If you're thinking about selling in a couple years, maybe not so much.

Ahhhh, where is that dang crystal ball??


No comments: