Friday, December 4, 2020

The Bachelorette & Being A Realtor? What?

 A couple years ago I joined a women's group for fun. I started by going to a Bachelor watch party! I used to watch it years & years ago, stopped as it's so silly. 

I became foolishly addicted to it again! And, now I watch the Bachelor AND the Bachelorette! Sheesh!

So, what does that have to do with being a Realtor?

I took a listing 14 days ago. It had been on the market many times with previous agents. I presented to the sellers my ideas of how it should be marketed, price it should be listed at, and the things I would do to get it sold.

I had my photographer extraordinaire take day, twilight, & drone still shots. And, I had him do a video highlighting the home & property. It still was the same home, no wide angle lenses or photo-shopping extreme going on there. But it also showed the property, the hills, the road in. It truly showed the home in it's real, yet best, light.

I prepared an additional document about the home that was put in the MLS. I did the description for the home with a little tweaking from the Seller. 

And, before anyone was allowed to view.....did the buyer know about the dirt road, had they watched the video, and were they willing to put on tennis shoes and actually walk the property with me as their guide? Honestly? If they weren't willing to hike around, it wasn't the home for them.

So, I don't know how many times, I lost count, I was tour guide for the home in Tapia Canyon with the family of deer. A one hour tour. The hills, the views, the meandering paths. I enjoyed it, I got tired for sure, but it was tons of fun for me as well.

Suffice it to say, we got 3 very strong offers in and have just selected the winning buyer last night, significantly over list price.

Again, what does this have to do with that silly rose petals and ring show?


Nothing is worse than telling someone they weren't selected. Because I had met each and every buyer for the tours with their agent, a couple came twice, I developed a 'relationship' with the suitors and I broke a couple hearts last night when I had to tell they they would not be getting the final rose.

But, my Sellers are happy, we only have one contingency to contend with, and I'm looking forward to getting to the final rose ceremony as quickly as possible for my peeps!


No comments: