Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Remember The Sign At The End of Copperhill at David Way?

It said the road was going to be expanded in the future......

I had contacted the traffic department about the accidents on Copperhill about 2 or 3 years ago. The gentleman at the city was quite informative. We discussed why stop signs & signals can actually cause more traffic collisions sometimes. 

And, he mentioned that Copperhill further East of me would also be a 4 lane roadway...in the future.

When we bought our home, our section of Copperhill was only 2 lanes. It has since widened and with that the noise of the traffic. 

I was showing homes further East of me and one backed Copperhill. Because I had that conversation with the city traffic department, I had to disclose to my buyers that it would be 4 lanes there at some point in the future. What I know, I have to disclose. 

Headed out to show homes yesterday and was taking that route via Bouquet to Vasquez Cyn to make shorter time to Canyon Country so I went past that very spot. Along the way I saw mounds of gravel in several big piles on the side of Copperhill. When I got to David Way I noticed a work truck and that the sign that had been there for years was missing. Gone. Taken down. And, it had been there for YEARS.

Now, I've been following this small housing project trying to get city approval...lo & behold....it's right near this area. It doesn't appear to have been approved yet based upon the most recent email I got this morning, but I'm guessing they are getting closer.

At any rate, there is definitely something going on and I doubt it was a coincidence that I received an update from the city as I'm following this project.

If you're interested, I can forward you the email. It's supposed to be an additional 375 homes. If it gets approved, IMHO, it'd be great. We need more homes for sale. The more new construction, the more resale hits the market. The more resale that hits the market, the more inventory, the faster we can get to a balanced market. And, lordy, we sure need that!

Questions about Southern California Real Estate? I specialize in Santa Clarita but work wherever my peeps need me. Just holler, (661) 313-5470, happy to have conversations with you.


No comments: