Friday, September 4, 2020

Being Home More Makes You Want To Figure Out How To Get More Space!

Today it's about bathrooms. My favorite Houzz provided the subject matter. Did you know that putting in a 2 inch drain, over the standard 1.5 inch would really make a difference? I sure didn't!!!

And, how about using drawers instead of cupboard doors in your new vanity? We all know how nice those big pot & pan drawers in the kitchen work. No more loss of lids way in the back of a cabinet! Same with a bathroom. How many times I go looking for a new bar of soap and have to pull stuff out to find it. Well, truth be told...I don't, as everything is neat and orderly under MY sink. The husbands? Well, you know they can't find the ketchup in the fridge staring right at them. LOL I do have a huge drawer in my bath vanity right now. I just throw stuff in there and it's actually harder for me to find things in that big drawer than in my cupboard. Hmmmm, I'm thinking I best get some organizers in that...soon!

A lovely window in the shower. Must be frosted of course, but it does add nice light without using electricity.

All the ideas are in the Houzz article here:

10 Things to Consider Before Remodeling Your Bathroom


See, those big wide drawers. Not a fan of raised sink bowls though, you?


This one was to serve as a reminder for something my favorite home inspectors look for all the time. To make sure any benches, window sills, and shelves in a shower are slightly sloped so the water drains off of them and goes where it's supposed to go.

How many of you are considering a bathroom remodel since you've been home with this pandemic?


 

No comments: