Friday, September 18, 2020

All Those 2020 Memes? Mine is Now 'Welcome To Real Estate 2020'

No one would have predicted what is happening in Real Estate right now. The beginning of the Pandemic everyone expected the sales to drop off and be one of the worst home sales years ever.

But, hey, with all the other insane things happening in 2020....why not have one of the most robust Sellers Markets ......ever! Well, that I can remember from the last 18 years of selling homes!


I'm not going to kid you, my Sellers have been very pleased. VERY pleased! But, buyers? In the last few weeks alone it's turned into absolute craziness!

Just this week, working on scheduling appointments to view homes has proven the insanity continues. Sellers schedule, Zoom schedules, Buyers schedules, Agents schedules....the pandemic has made all schedules more challenging to say the least.

And, at least a 1/2 dozen times this week after madly trying to coordinate showings for my clients I've gotten messages that the seller is canceling showings as there have already been enough viewings...or something along those lines. The most recent one was 7 offers in 2 days, 4 counters out, cancelled further showings.

And, so I have to tell my Buyers....and, their response is always....'That's Crazy!' Yes, why yes it is. And, my response has been....."Welcome to Real Estate 2020". 

And, this is exactly what it's like.....


Another scene out of some crazy movie!!

I've always got a few tricks up my sleeve for multiple offers. Right now though? It's offer over list, regardless of sales data value, and be willing to pay over appraised value. And, likely quite a bit more over!

Questions about Real Estate now and in the future? Just reach out, you know how to find me!



No comments: