Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Real Estate Stories During a Pandemic

Because, yet again, another story about Pandemic rules not being followed...

I wish I could keep up 100% with all of them, I think I'm about 99% because old habits die hard. And, they keep changing our rules. I'm doing my best.

Last week, a buyer was doing their home inspection in one of my listings. They signed a document indicating that they would be wearing masks, gloves, not touch anything. We know the home inspector had to touch things of course, hopefully he was wearing gloves..... 

My Sellers came in and found the buyers crew, one that wasn't even supposed to be there, sitting on their couch with no gloves or mask on while doing the inspector recap. Eeeeeck.

This morning I went to show a property to a buyer. I have gloves, mask, sanitizer in my car at all times. She forgot her gloves, so there goes another pair for one of my peeps. The newest Best Practices indicates that masks, hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes must be available. All agents, like me, should have them available for their clients, but ultimately it's the listing agents responsibility. And, the home is supposed to be cleaned in between appointments. All areas that may have been touched by a previous person viewing home.

As we were heading upstairs...lo & behold....in came another agent. We were scheduled at 11. She was there about 11:08. Certainly no cleaning in between showings happening there. She did wait outside until we were done. Oh, crap, I just realized I didn't sanitize the keys when I put them back in the lockbox...but, I was wearing a brand new pair of gloves.....sheesh.


I could go on & on & on about the rules not being adhered to. I warned my sellers, the ones that got their couches sat on, that they needed to be prepared for lack of rule following. They would definitely need to plan on wiping everything down after a showing. 

I was texting with one of our managers about the latest ....they suggested we start a blog called Realtor Covidiots! Funny, but really shouldn't be.

The problem herein? Not All Realtors Are Great. Sound familiar? So, I do my best, my absolute best with any given circumstances. Because, Not All People Are Great Either.....nope, that's an impossibility indeed. 

No comments: