Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Airbnb Haters? - Don't Read This Blog Post!

First off, I've never even utilized the Airbnb concept. My eldest son and his girlfriend have. So has my Big Sis! I peeked at it once and was a bit overwhelmed by the available properties!

Today I had the moments to read an article that says the Airbnb company is getting into the home building business. Yes, you read that correctly....home building.



And, according to the article, it's really for heartfelt reasons.

It's called Samara:Backyard. No, they aren't planning on just building extra homes in someone's backyard! It's all about making homes adaptable for sharing with more people. They will start prototypes in the fall of next year. I didn't see where they were planning this interesting development though....

This project, the Samara:Backyard, will be determining how buildings can be targeted to "utilize sophisticated manufacturing techniques, smart-home technologies, and vast insight from the Airbnb community, to thoughtfully respond to changing owner or occupant needs over time."

I hope that they figure it out sooner than later. The amount of time it took typical builders to do the Gen-X living....a place for our aging parents to live with us but not in the same house...took way too long.

So, you go Airbnb! I'm excited at the possibilities!





No comments: