Friday, November 9, 2018

It's a Love/Hate Relationship For Sure!

Preface this to say I hide nothing from my clients! I want them to see everything I see. I want them to be informed.

And, I don't want them to be misinformed ..... ever.

Realtors have long had a love/hate relationship with Zillow. The Zestimates were so horribly wrong for so long. (misinformation) Those are better. They contact us over & over again to buy 'Premier' status spots. Yes people, those are paid for. They started Zillow Instant Offers.....I don't care. But, now? They have spent 65 million dollars to get into the mortgage business...yes, you read that right....SIXTY-FIVE MILLION.

So, the tell-tale test will be to see if mortgage lenders will still pay to advertise on their site for leads.

See, Zillow doesn't do this for free. They 'borrow' all of our information from the local MLS's. They pile that into their site, then they work on Realtors & Lenders to get placed in higher positions for lead generation by paying Zillow.

Yes, of course, you knew that right?

Really not sure how the lenders will take this. Instant offers doesn't really affect Realtors the way this mortgage business will.

Question now? How much more than the 65 million will it cost Zillow if Realtors & Lenders finally say....Enough....I'm done with the big Z and not paying for leads anymore....

Time will tell...... For my peeps? I always say feel free to play on Zillow, do your actual searching on Realtor.com though...that's where the real homes for sale are.

No comments: