Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's Tough Out There!

I get articles e-mailed to me by several different affiliates, agents, etc. Every day. And, I read them....every day. Along with those L.A.Times, etc. articles I read every day. Ignoring the Schwarzenegger saga and the Sheen mess though, what a waste.


At any rate, I received one this morning that I read, laughed out loud at, and decided to share one last line of the article with anyone reading my blog.


NAR said only 6% of its members claim real estate as their first career. 

NAR is the National Association of Realtors. So, obviously it covers our entire country. The article was about how, obvious again here, Realtors incomes have dropped in the last few years. Really! Of course, and so have a lot of other careers. It's Tough Out There. Everyone is having a hard time.

But, it also stated median incomes of Realtors, who is working, who is complaining, what some agents think is the miracle cure to more home sales...and therefor a more income!

And, honestly it was the last line that struck me...copied and pasted in red a few lines above....that only 6% claim Real Estate as their first career. My company? We have a heck of a lot of agents working, truly working, as Realtors. 

And, me? I claim Real Estate as my one and only career. I don't work at it part-time, once a month, or when the mood strikes me. I work a schedule that my Real Estate coach taught me. Prospect, appointments, listing and selling Real Estate.

Make sure that the Realtor you hire is prepared to work in a tough market. That they work in an 'easy' market. And, mostly? Make sure that Real Estate is claimed as their Full-Time career. Not a hobby.


No comments: