Friday, June 4, 2021

How is the housing market impacting real estate agents?

We are tired, that's the short story, we are very tired. That was the subject line in an article I read this morning....how is the housing market impacting real estate agents....

We all talk about what a great Sellers market it is. And, how challenging it is for Buyers putting in offer after offer after offer.

But no one asks how the Realtor is doing?

I presume you think, "Wow, she's really making bank right now!" I'm banking what I'm making for the next lean market. 😉

Last night, during the time most people were eating dinner with family, I was sitting with a Seller finishing up disclosures. After that, when most people were relaxing in front of the boob tube, I was doing some preemptive computer work for a Coming Soon listing that hit this morning. I got out of bed at 5:45 am, after going to sleep after 11. Been this way for most of the last year. My entire life I've needed 8 hours sleep. Entire.....Life.....

I am tired.


After 19 years in the Real Estate industry I thought I'd seen every kind of market there was. Til this market. It truly is like nothing I've ever seen before. Never this low of inventory, never this low of interest rates. Never this demand for housing so incredible.

Just the organization of a showing schedule these days is exhausting. Imagine all the other tasks, well unless you're a Realtor, you can't, and us real estate agents are rightfully beat. My Sellers are tired, my Buyers are tired, I'm exhausted. 

But, I eat well, continue to do my (almost) 11k steps a day and provide exemplary service to my clients. Gotta say though, I was yawning in front of my sweet seller while going through her disclosures last night!

#BeNiceToYourRealtorToday

No comments: