Friday, May 7, 2021

Sell Local, Buy Local, For Real Estate Too!

So, if you've been chatting with me about anything Real Estate related, I've been mentioning how many buyers are coming from out of the area.

For years and years, our SCV agents have always been the cream of the crop. Certainly when in comparison to the 'other' valley agents. We're not all perfect...well, except me of course...LOL....but SCV agents are a notch above those other ones.

We work together, play together, LIVE together. So, we're probably extra conscientious about doing the right thing as we may bump into each other in the grocery store as well as across the table on a Real Estate transaction.

The last 6 months I've noted about 80-85% of the buyers coming to my listings are from out of Santa Clarita. We've always had quite a few come up, but now it's definitely not a balanced scale. 

And, they are beating out of little local buyers. Beating them out in a huge way, with tons of money.

Why? Because they are seeing what they can buy out here vs. what they can't buy where they currently live. I've talked with agents here and in the other valley about it. It is what it is.

So, what can we do about it?


Think outside the box.

Well, kinda. Those out of area agents, and my SCV peers as well, have always asked the listing agent 'what can I do to get my buyer that home?' Unless our Sellers allow it, they are shooting darts blindly and hopefully putting their best foot forward.

I had a conversation with one of my buyers about it just this week. Their response was that's just not good for our locals.

So, this morning, on one property, I spoke to the listing agent. I know they have always preferred to work with a local agent, they trust me, we've done deals before, several. I asked to ask the Seller what it would take for the local buyer to get the home vs. an out of area buyer? To, you know, Keep It Local.

We discussed it at length, a number was provided. But, not sure if that's going to be the final number. I will ask again when we are ready to submit, what's it going to take for Seller to keep it local?

Hoping for a number that works, hoping to keep it local indeed.
We shall see.

No comments: