Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Things That COVID-19 Created That Actually Help/Hinder Realtors

Technology is a phenomenal thing. It's a Love/Hate relationship sometimes when the tech stuff doesn't work great though. For the most part it's all good.

The Pandemic changed some of the way we Realtors do things. Lenders as well. The best thing that I started using more is my electronic Seller disclosure program. I used to sit with my Sellers for hours when they filled in their disclosures. I could tell which agents didn't and which did. My clients were always completely done correctly. Filled in all the blanks, didn't leave anything out. Some agents highlighted where sellers were supposed to sign...and, more than once they had to be sent back to the listing agent for a bit more detail.

One seller, a million moons ago, took 4 hours to compete theirs. In his tiny little handwriting he wrote everything down that he had done to his home over the years. Now, you start typing and it automatically goes to an overflow. I had one seller last year that had 4 pages of overflow text. But, boy oh boy, those buyers sure appreciated it. And, they could actually read it clearly!

I love using Docusign. I prepare the documents, send them to clients to review, answer all their questions, change as needed, then set up for actual signing. Way back in the day, we had NCR forms. Better than copying of course, but I still had to try and write super neat....that was really hard!


Goodness, remember these?

Things that have been more problematic have been with buyers. I can't take any of them in my car right now. So much time discussing/learning while in the car. What they loved, hated, me getting a feel for them. The time spent in my car with clients was phenomenal, and I miss that tremendously.

First time buyers are challenging as well as we have to go over a detailed contract over the phone, on Zoom, via email. I miss meeting them in my office, turning the contract around so they could read it, and going over every little detail as I'm viewing at it upside down for them. I look forward to doing this again sooner than later.

Sellers stuff that is difficult? Just the preliminary marketing checks. It's not horrible, some want to do via Zoom or FB video chat, but nothing beats being in their home and spotting things a Buyer will spot. Video tours just don't catch what the naked eye of a Buyer catches and, as my Sellers Realtor, I totally want to catch those things well before we go on market.

Of course there is the gloves, mask, sanitizer, booties situation. I keep gloves/masks in my car at all times. But, we just do what we gotta do. Amazon loves me for all my PPE purchases! 


This is under my desktop in my home office.....I call it my back stock. 
It's my supply for my clients!

At any rate, I definitely will continue using a couple of these Corona Virus things, 
particularly the Seller disclosure one. 
But not the separate cars situation,....nope, I miss my peeps!





No comments: