Tuesday, July 7, 2020

I Can't Help Myself!!!

Because I've been a Realtor for almost 20 years, I read a lot of stuff about housing. 

The most entertaining was one that I received a few days ago from a housing news sources' Editor in Chief.

THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL POST....don't go all crazy now.
it's meant to remind you of what's important and possibly giggle a bit too.

"Good afternoon —

We’re always looking for presidential candidates to outline where they stand on housing policy issues so we can highlight those positions for mortgage and real estate professionals. Unfortunately, in this election season, we’ve often been sorely disappointed, like the time I listened to the presidential debate for three hours with zero mentions of anything to do with housing. Oh wait, that was all the debates! (Well, except for the time former HUD Secretary Julian Castro made the same point at a debate.)  

Then, along comes Kanye.

The day after he announced he was running for president, Kanye West also tweeted out an image of several dome structures, potentially influenced by Star Wars, that point back to an affordable housing initiative he started on his own property. Admittedly, that doesn’t constitute a policy discussion, but the man has been a candidate for ONE DAY and brought up housing already. 

The 2020 election is just as strange as everything else going on right now, but housing is fundamental to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and shouldn’t be ignored. Joe Biden could do worse than follow Kanye’s example here. (Adding this to phrases I never imagined I would write.)

Until the next crazy thing happens,

Sarah Wheeler
HousingWire Editor in Chief"


I think affordable housing is ever so important. I think home prices are too high right now. I think that allowing the ADU's to be put on properties is a great thing to help with that....whether they are dome shaped or she-shed shaped. So, hey, Kanye just may get my vote! 😉


No comments: