Friday, April 17, 2020

Zoom Town Hall Meeting Today

Today my favorite Title team arranged a Town Hall meeting with several affiliates to let us know what they are seeing related to Real Estate and COVID 19.

It was great! Thank you Nikki Mauer & Maiya Robinson of TICOR Title!!! You Rock as usual!!

Just a quick funny, I did the Zoom on my desktop.....no camera......but, they would have seen my crooked bangs from my self hair cut yesterday!


 It will grow!

But, back to the actual meeting. It was really great. I added an attorney to my Facebook friends as she impressed me so much today.

SBA & Loans, whoa, there are a lot of things available. We haven't applied for any at this time. Biggest suggestion was even if it says funds are exhausted, keep your application in.

The attorney, the one I FB friended, said she sees the biggest issues are with any tenant occupied properties & that once orders are fully lifted, we'll probably start to see some foreclosures. I just had someone ask me about it this morning wondering if we'd see them by the end of the year and I had said not that soon. Happy to report the RE attorney said about 4-6 months after all Stay At Home orders are extinguished....which mirrored what I was thinking as well.

The CPA couldn't figure out how to use Zoom but had good information about borrowing up to 100k from your 401k and having 3 years to pay it back. Check with yours for sure. He also mentioned all the tax due dates of 4/15 are now 7/15/2020, this I knew thanks to my CCI Tax Pros!

Appraiser was good, everything I already knew. Biggest take-away from him was if you are selling your home, have the discussion with your Realtor before you even go on the market about who you will, or won't, let in your home during escrow. Yes, we have a new form for that. If you're selling and the buyers lender wants a full interior appraisal, you could really throw a wrench in your sale if you don't want to allow that. Hard though, things are changing daily, so we have to adjust as needed.

Escrow rep from one of my fave companies indicated that her company is seeing a 30-50% reduction in new escrows. Not a lot of cancelled escrows, but definitely less new escrows. Her comment was the ones that are buying right now are definitely super serious buyers! 

Title peeps spoke a bit, reminding us no special recordings. Always reminding us to remind you that we are here for you!!! 

Lender spoke as well. Talked a bit about the lack of money with forbearance activity, small lending companies going out of business, AND, that they are definitely doing verbal verification of employment day of funding which was something I mentioned in last Friday's blog.

One quick note, on the Forbearance....PLEASE call YOUR mortgage company directly if you are considering utilizing that option. DO NOT fall for one of the scam phone calls, emails, snail mails. YOU CALL THEM.

That's it for today. I'm here if you need me. You can Zoom call me. If we're Facebook and/or Instagram pals, we can video chat via their program too. I don't have an iPhone though, so no Facetime for me!

~ Lauren Witz Greber ~ Witz Real Estate ~ 
~ Lauren@KeepYourWitz.com ~ (661) 313-5470 ~ 

No comments: