Friday, December 13, 2019

Gift Giving At The Holidays!

Most of my pals know I've been working my tush off this week, on top of my Real Estate clients of course, to help with a local non-profit organization.

I'm a bit....well, honestly....exhausted! LOLOL But, onward & forward as they say! And, it's a seriously worthy cause that is definitely near & dear to my very own heart.

Gift giving comes in all kinds of different ways. In actual gifts, in money, in kindness too. 

Quite honestly, I haven't had the pleasure of achieving this one...but, yes, gifts can be houses as well! Keep reading to see my thoughts on this though!


The closest I have ever been was for a Seller. The buyers soon-to-be-ex-husband was buying his soon-to-be-ex-wife a house in Toluca Lake. Yep, I thought it was weird too, but that's what the deal was. All was going smoothly, all buyers contingencies were removed. Shortly before closing the buyers agent called me saying the buyer was cancelling our escrow. I said, "What? Does he know he'll lose his TWENTY-SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLAR deposit?" It may have been 25k-something-or-another, but 27k is what sticks in my head...it was quite some time ago. Needless to say, my Seller definitely kept the deposit and we put it back on the market.

That's the only time I've had any buyer, in over 17 years of selling homes, lose a deposit. And, it wasn't my buyer fortunately!

Back to gift giving of houses. Houses & Homes are a very personal item. It's not like buying a blouse you can return. It's not buying a fishing pole to find out it's not for ocean fishing. Certainly not like buying a box of candy....but, hey, almost anyone will keep a box of candy!

Buying a home, is a very wonderful, & somewhat stressful, experience. I highly recommend that any gifts of a home, not be wrapped up under the tree. Maybe the final closing statement of the home you bought together, but, definitely not the house/condo/townhouse itself. LOL

But oh, how cute would it be, to wrap a toy house in a box under the tree so the gift recipient knows you're ready to take that next leap together? And, definitely put one of my business cards in that box with the toy house.....you'll need that for sure!


No comments: