Friday, March 8, 2019

Um, I'm Not So Sure About This New Look!

Houzz peeps went to the Kitchen & Bath show of 2019 in Las Vegas. The came back with some interesting items to consider in your next remodel!

Entire article is here: Cabinets & Counters ~ New Looks for 2019!

It's almost completely opposite from another article I read on Houzz in the last few months though.

Which means, as always, whatever remodel you do...do it for you. Well, sort of. Do what gives you joy, but don't go crazy wild. Don't remodel in some way that it's just obvious you did it in 2019. Remodel in ways that stand the test of time...with a 2019 touch.


See? This is so obviously modern. But, will it be attractive to someone 10-15-20 years from now? I don't think so. There were a few that were 'wrap-around' type islands. I'm not a fan.

There is one from Corian....a bendable wood-look surface. I'm in escrow with some buyers that love the butcher block in the kitchen. I let them know they will have to sand it down routinely or never cut on it. The Corian material would probably work great!

Oh, by the way....blue cabinets are apparently still in!!

No comments: