Sunday, October 7, 2018

Vampire Power!

We are in one of my favorite seasons in Santa Clarita. Fall, Autumn, whatever, it's not over 100 degrees every day. The mornings are cool, the clouds are spectacular. Days are warm but not hot. And, the evenings....ahhhh, so delightful. Yep, I said delightful!!!

Now too, we are not running that A/C what feels like 24/7. Well, I'm an energy freak since husband has a dozen aquariums in our house and garage for pleasure & business. So, I have my A/C set at 78 during the day, 80 at night. Ceiling fans are going. Shades are drawn. LED lights are in our sockets. Fireplace doors are closed too.

But, I am also a bit of a nut about Vampire power!
Drives the hubby a bit crazy...well, at first it did....but he puts up with me looking for ways to save energy.

I don't unplug my computer or TV stuff as I'd have to climb around on the floor and not gonna do that a couple times a day.

But, coffee maker is only plugged in when brewing. Zero counter appliances are left plugged in for maybe using. Cell phone cords get unplugged as soon as I see they are fully charged. Lamps not being used daily but still look pretty? Unplugged.

So, you look at that vampire pic and think, well that's not that much.....but, it is. And, it's easy to do. 

We put up solar panels to save energy. And, then used more! So, back to conserving we went and our bill was noticeably lower with the vampire power changes.

Oh, and for sure....don't do your laundry or run the dang dishwasher until after 9 pm or just on the weekends. HUGE saver!!! 

See, I don't always talk about just Real Estate! 

No comments: