Tuesday, October 30, 2018

My Beautiful Home is Worth WHAT???

Just a reminder story....since it happened yesterday.....figured I'd share!

Dear pals referred a seller to me. Seller had attempted to sell a few times. Several different reasons why the home did not get sold.

When I see something like that, I usually think it's the Seller's fault. This one was quite possibly not, well, not completely.

But, with that said, I had to ask a few questions, review the comparable sales, take note of location and the homes' amenities. And, then, sight unseen give the Seller a value opinion.


I offered to come view the home in person but from what Seller told me, and the photos in the MLS from prior listings for sale & lease, it was pretty apparent that his value thoughts were significantly higher than this professional opinion.

Ah, my dear sweet Zillow pal. Who, does not know what location does to a model match. Now, mind you, they have gotten better, but their 'computer' does not know the neighborhood as I do. Does not get in the car with Buyers to learn what they like & don't like.  Has not sold homes and seen values change from one model match to another.....just a few houses away.

My honesty may have cost me a listing, but a listing that is over-priced is not generally worth the headache and marketing expenses I put out to get my Sellers' homes sold.

Of course I followed up with a message this morning.....but, I'm thinking someone said they could get his price....and, that's who will get the listing.

Honesty hurts sometimes....in Real Estate & in real life!


No comments: