Thursday, April 26, 2018

Small Yard? Vertical Gardens I Tell Ya!

I've been wanting to do a vertical succulent garden wall thingy for a while now. I've done a little bit of research. Talked with a friend of my hubby's the other day about building one.

A wall one for me that will last a long time cannot be made of wood. It's got to be super heavy guage plastic or, and this is what I want, a metal material.

Our lot size is about a 1/4 acre, but the way the house itself is positioned our rear living space isn't much bigger than both side yards. When I look out my kitchen window I see trees and plants. But, when I look out my bedroom and master bath windows....I see slump stone wall.

So, when I read the most recent National Association of Realtors blog post about vertical gardens....needless to say I thought if I'm thinking about it and N.A.R. peeps are thinking about it....well, you just may be as well.

Different ideas for vertical gardens were shared:


The one above I'd seen before...it's really more to separate spaces.


This one is pretty spectacular but more for a walkway, right?


Meh, I'm thinking entryway only.


This is sweet, I see this almost like a rooftop garden, you?


But this, now this is the succulent wall garden I want!!!

So, my guy is working some figures, some measurements, some ideas. We're talking 10 feet wide by 4 feet high....I can hardly wait!!!

No comments: