Friday, January 19, 2018

Talk To Me If You Really Want To Buy A Home - Stop Googling Already!

I'm talking with a lender pal today about a buyer I referred quite some time ago.

I'm hating Google right now because of the strong likelihood that this buyer has been using Internet search info vs. info that I can provide and/or this lender can provide.

So, I'm yelling at my client...in my head of course....STOP GOOGLING already!!

Now, I'm all about googling for recipes, stats, maps, images....all kinds of stuff.

But, you can't Google for the knowledge an experienced Realtor &/Or Lender has. No, you can't.

But, sorry Millennials, kids these days! They google for 45 minutes to an hour or more to find something out. Unfortunately that something may not be related to what they really want to do. It may be something that doesn't relate to the area they live in or want to live in. It may have zero to do with lender qualifications. Quite honestly, until you've talked to me.....you're Internet search is pretty useless. And, if you think you'll find out more online than what 15 years of experience has taught me......agh! Forget it, you absolutely will not.

So, if you think you want to buy a home Millennial.....call me, meet with me, listen and trust what I tell you. Don't try and create a new way of doing something based upon what some guy in Arkansas said or did. Or, in Washington for that matter.

Your Realtor has sold tons more homes than you have. TONS!

Okay, I'm done now. 

Maybe I'll go Google a new carb free cauliflower recipe now......

No comments: