Tuesday, August 22, 2017

I'm Always Bothered When I Have To Disappoint Another Agent.....

Every once in a while I have to disappoint another agent, usually when I am representing the Seller....and, then of course, they are representing the buyer.


But, I've always got to do what's best for my client....no matter what!

Story of the week.....

Buyers are out of town, so their agent comes to view property on their behalf. I've done it. Actually have a buyer in escrow right now that I had viewed property on their behalf. That's another story though!

So, their agent says it's the perfect home for them. Says he's done several transactions with them and he knows they will love it in person. They are contingent upon the sale of their home but it's in escrow. They live out of the area, so does their agent, and the lender is also the Realtor. I'm still AOK with this scenario. Reviewed all documents, MLS, his licensing too.

The photos on this particular property really are beautiful. But, this home is even more lovely viewed in real life. There's a first for everything, right!?!?!?

Continue story here.....so buyers sign an offer the moment they are back in town and set up an appointment to view home a few days later.

We submit a counter offer, teeny-weeny....minuscule...no change in price, just 3 clean-up items. That goes out on a Friday. On Saturday we get an offer from another buyer. Good offer, non-contingent, clean, local agent, local lender. First buyers are due to view Sunday at 9 am.

My Seller says he feels it's best to wait til the original offer people view the home and let them know they have to sign that counter offer immediately or we are going to look at the other offer more seriously. I was in total agreement, felt it was fair.

I let the 2nd buyers agent know, and she says....her buyers are willing to go to full price if sellers accept before the other ones come to view.

Remember, these buyers are non-contingent.....and they bumped up to full price....and they are local, live in the area, agent and lender are in the area too. All of those add up to a problem for the first buyers.

Because they did not quickly sign off on our teeny-weeny counter offer. Because they couldn't get to the home in a short amount of time. Because, because, because.

I hated making the call to the first agent, his buyers were very disappointed. I reminded him he would have done the same if he were in my shoes.

My job is to get my Sellers the most amount of money, in the shortest amount of time, with the least amount of stress possible.

With the 2nd buyers, that's much more likely to happen.

So, welcome buyer one...to disappointment. But, remember this...'what's meant to be will be'....I swear by it. Welcome buyer two...to one helluva a lovely home!

No comments: