Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Barn Doors - Obviously Not Just For Horses Anymore!

I just happen to be getting a lot of clients talking about Barn Doors, installing Barn Doors, and sharing their Barn Doors (pictures of) with me!

So, I googled more barn doors and wanted to share with you!

I'd love to put one in. Can't quite figure out where to do it. Thought about my hallway entrance, but since most of the time it would be open...I didn't really have a large bare wall for it to 'rest' without having to remove my pretty mirror....but, it would go really well in our home, and it would help with the noise when hubby is watching TV late at night and I'm sleeping!


See? Isn't this spot just screaming for a Barn Door?


But, what made me chuckle is the picture of the true barn door! See the horse? Those are the old barn doors that people used to have in homes. I had one in my WLA house, a 1/2 & 1/2 type door. Loved it. I think THOSE were called Barn, or Dutch doors? Can't remember.



But, these new style barn doors can be made in so many different styles. I have a friend that put them up on a huge wall...just so it looked like there was a window behind it! Very cool.

If you're considering installing one, take a look at these.....some different ideas.....not your typical Barn Doors....and a more standard one too!




What cha think??




No comments: