Tuesday, March 14, 2017

The Big Three Changing Fico Score Reporting Again

Equifax, TransUnion, Experian are removing tax lien and civil judgement data starting around July 1st. Well, from a lot of peoples' credit report, possibly 12 million U.S. consumers will benefit from this change

I'm not sure I'm really reading this correctly? Well, yes, I actually am.

This is the reported reason why/how: The firms will do so if those data don't include a complete list of at least three data points - a person's name, address, and either a social security number or date of birth.

Well, why would they remove a negative payment/credit/judgement item from someones credit report? Shouldn't lenders of money know if someone hasn't paid their taxes? Isn't it important to know if there is a civil judgement against someone that may be applying for a half million dollar loan?

Well, I'm okay....mostly.....with the civil judgement.


 But, a Tax Lien? No, I'm not really okay with that.

 Unless the applicant can prove regular payments, 
and extenuating circumstances for that tax lien to begin with.
I'd probably be sorta okay with that scenario.

What Say You?


No comments: