Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Let The Professional Handle It !

Quite honestly, the California Association of Realtors forms are fairly simple. I can usually do escrows with them almost blindfolded. AND, for the layman/non-Realtor, they are generally pretty easy to understand. 



Now, get yourself in contract with a seller that uses non C.A.R. forms? PLEASE, let a professional Realtor handle the transaction for you!

I am working with a couple that is considering a new construction home. Built by a smaller developer, a boutique group of under a dozen homes, well that's what one of the people that bought it last year call it!

The documents they use are not the normal forms........so, I just printed out 72 pages (yeah, I know, I cut down a little tree doing that) to read in detail. I started last night but got to a section that was a bit alarming and I was getting tired.

If I was getting tired, imagine how someone trying to understand it....for the very first time....would be doing?!?!?

So, with 3 different color highlighters in hand, I am reading those 72 pages. I've been doing this for 14 years....sold plenty of new construction and re-sale....this is the first one with this many pages!

Protect my clients, it's our fiduciary responsibility. Mostly, it's just that I don't want them to get screwed over!

No comments: