Friday, October 26, 2012

'Shadow' Inventory Can Now Be Seen on Zillow

Funny how things have changed in the decade I've been helping people in and out of homes. And, funny, how so many Realtors still try to hold information so tight to their chest. Don't want to give it out, we may lose value as a Realtor.

Anyone that works with me knows I've a giver of information. And, I once had one of the owners of my company tell me I give too much info. I ignored that tid-bit, I still give tons of info out.

Needless to say, I'm perfectly fine with Zillow providing buyers/sellers information about pre-foreclosure homes. Buyers and Sellers need to know what's out there. Need to be properly informed about the condition of the market when they are deciding to contact a Realtor to help them buy or sell.

But, keep in mind, only a working Realtor knows the true value of your home that you want to sell and the appropriate way to write an offer for the home you want to buy.

Good to be informed, learn as much as you can. It's one of the most important decisions in your life. But, make sure you have a Realtor that can guide you in that decision.





No comments: