Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Getting A Loan May Be Getting a Smidgen Easier....Maybe

I love reading about Real Estate, love catching tid-bits of info from all the sites I keep track of. And, I like to hear what N.A.R.'s chief economist has to say too. When I hear good things, I share. Well, I share bad as well. But, today is good.


Just a moment ago I read what he posted about a new thing the Federal Reserve is considering....sounds good, sounds like a plan.....but they are just thinking about it at this moment.


The Fed will permit banks to borrow from the Fed at even lower interest rates, but on the condition that the borrowed money must be lent out to main street (rather than being used to buy Treasury bonds for example).


It may not be perfect, and it may not help everyone. But, for those that have been denied, if the banks can borrow money for less, charge a little bit more due to the risk factor, we just may be able to get more people into homes. The sooner we get the housing market recovered, the sooner the economy will recover.



If the consideration turns into reality, Yay!!

No comments: