Yes, the market appears to be turning....so I don't need to write about that today!
Just a little education for a new buyer today. How do you get a good Realtor? Get a referral from a trusted source. But if you can't get a referral, and you meet one at an open house, how do you know if they are one of the good ones? Most buyers that attend open houses already have an agent in mind, but for those of you that don't, consider these reasons to make sure you are getting a good Realtor working for you!
1) Will they help you understand the home buying process?
2) Will they point out defects in the property that you don't notice?
3) Will they open your eyes to other search areas?
4) Will they refer you to better service providers?
5) Will they negotiate the terms of the contract better than another?
6) Can they complete the home search process for your timeline?
7) Can they help you find a better interest rate/loan product?
All of these are important factors for a buyer completing one of the largest purchases in their life. Make sure you are working with a Realtor that can provide all of this. Make sure they have the experience and knowledge to find you the best home for you and your family.
It's an important decision, not to be taken lightly, due your due diligence in finding the right agent ~
just as I, your Realtor, do mine in finding the right home.