Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thoughts For Early 2012

I've spent a good portion of today reading through other peoples thoughts, predictions, and data for what may go on in 2012.

I am glad that what I read is confirming what I believe as well.

"I tell people we're five years through a 10-year adjustment," he said. "Not until year 10 will we return to the traditional rate of housing starts." ~ from a Fannie Mae economist.


We are going to continue to see sales that are challenging, REO properties, Short-sales and fewer traditional sellers than the bank-involved ones. We should start to see a decrease in the shadow inventory as we continue to work on getting distressed properties sold via short-sales and we, as a whole community, work towards keeping people actually in their homes via some type of financial assistance.

Interest rates look as if they will continue to be the lowest I've ever seen since I started buying houses almost 30 years ago.

What does this mean for you? If you think you want to buy? Keep looking, the right home will come and it's a great time to find a home.  If you want to sell and you have zero equity,  Short-Sales are easier to navigate than just at the beginning of 2011. If you aren't quite sure what you want to do? Call me, I'm more than happy to chat with you about your personal situation and maybe give you some sound advice.

My favorite response from a call I made this week? To someone that I actually convinced to stay in their home versus making a commission? "Lauren, I am forever grateful for your advice."

Happy to oblige. I've been working pretty hard to get sales to pay bills. Just like your job! I do believe that we are seeing improvement. Most definitely. Not just in housing. Maybe I still have my rose colored glasses on, but again, as you know, I'd much rather see the good than the bad. Better for my health!

So, may you have the infamous Health, Wealth and Happiness in this year of 2012!

No comments: