Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sales Slump in February

So here we are about to start the 2nd quarter of 2011 and everything I've been reading this week mentions the slump in sales in February. Okay, it's true, it's been quiet.


But, in my clients experience it's been slumpy (if that's even a word) quiet because we're not getting any good inventory on the market.

Working with 5 buyers would be very difficult if we had a lot of inventory, good inventory. I'd never get out of my car! I don't utilize a buyers agent, I do it all. But, I'm lucky (clients are too) if I'm getting in the car 2 - 3 times a week right now. And, gone are the days when I'd have 8 or 9 homes to show in one trek. It's out for one, maybe 2 at a time. And, all 5 are itching to buy! All of them!

So, I keep them motivated by constant communication, every week check in with some tid-bit or another. Something to say hello about. Something to check-in for. And, right from the start I've warned them it won't be a quick process.

I long for the days of more than 2 homes to show a buyer in one trip. It keeps their excitement up, makes them feel like they are getting somewhere.

And, today's market.....so influenced by distressed properties? I applaud them for the excitement they show when looking at stained carpet, broken doors, overgrown weeds...over and over again.



No comments: