Thursday, March 10, 2011

Prospecting for New Buyers and New Sellers

Monday through Friday I get on my phones and call people on my Real Estate Data Base. I add to it when I meet new people, close new transactions. And, as it continues to grow, I continue to be able to help people in and out of homes.

Sometimes, I just leave a message, sometimes I drop a personal note. My favorite times are when I get to chat with someone I haven't talked to in a while. It's always a great catch-up time.

The last few months the market has been so stagnant with SS (Short-Sales) that I've been bumping up the reason for prospecting. To find some Standard sellers for all my buyers.

Fortunately for me, my data base people don't mind me calling them and asking for help. They know that the help I am working on for current clients will someday be the same help they are looking for.

When I have more listings than buyers, I work the opposite harder.

But, all in all, when I contact people, they have come to learn that it's not just for business, that I truly enjoy hearing about what is going on in their world. And frequently, I am able to help them somehow too. The electrician? I know someone that needs a new outlet. The plumber, I have a client with a leak. The single mom that needs a little baby-sitter, someone on my RE data base has a teenage daughter looking for extra money.

Prospecting, it's work for some, it's rewarding for others. It's what I do.

No comments: